Tuesday 5 December 2017

No 5 - by Stephen



The end of the year is of course a time of reflection, especially if you are naturally introspective, and especially especially if given a task that means having to slow down and engage with physical creation, even in a modest way.

So the idea from the jumble of themes this year that stood out for me was “light.” It’s of course an obvious starry theme, but does not lend itself to an obvious solution if you’re trying to make a star of solid materials.

It all kind of came together when I saw the acetate sheet at the art store that I could turn, with my limited skill, into a recognisably starry, lighty object.

I won’t bore you with the details of the rolls of paper in the star’s core. Let’s call it something like a combination of time capsule, confession, resolution and prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment