Wednesday 4 December 2013

Four

Another homey one tonight. A piece of what R tells me is Sanderson fabric (how she holds all this info
in her head beats me). It's from a dressing table stool my Grandma had in her bedroom - no doubt lovingly recovering it in the most contemporary style she could muster in the 1980s. When Mr M and I pulled it all off to recover it once more we found the original pale gold silk, rather worse for wear, which had been there back in the 40s. I was thinking today about my daughter's namesake, who lived until her 100th year, who had been a Crafty Ladee in her own generation.

E had a friend round today from school. I can't tell you how delighted I was. First new friend for a play date. Phew. And she was loverly! Double phew. But she talked about having 3 great grandparents still alive and they are only 84 (the age N's dad is)!  I did some quick calculations so at least I was prepared for the super young looking mum who arrived to fetch her home. But she can't be more than about 6 or 7 years younger than me... It's just weird the way the generations work like that. Anyway. I am trying not to put the poor girl into a box which says 'bosom pal for life' but it was nevertheless really nice to have her over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment