Tuesday 22 December 2020

TWENTY TWO









By Jennie

When we first went into lockdown, there was a sense of novelty, and time due to not having to travel to and from work. 


I thought I would do the couch to 5k,  bake bread, garden and start patchwork quilting!  


My husband also asked me to sort out the numerous clothes in our bedroom which needed to be sorted into piles to put away, give away or cut up for quilting. ‘Of course, I said’. 


At the second lockdown, he offered me a £100 to sort them. 


I started. 


Like I started baking Sour Dough bread. It was lovely!  I made about 4-5 loaves.  


Like I started the couch to 5 k, I almost completed it.  (I’ve still got the last run on the last week to do!)


For the Star, I decided to do  patchwork. 


Despite having 3 weeks to do it, I left it to 2 days before it was due to start it. 


So my reflections on these strange times is that I don’t change even if the circumstances have changed. I still leave things until the last minute, needing the deadline to work towards. 


(Maybe in order to finish the pile of clothing, he needed to offer me a deadline to get the £100! However I know what to get him for Christmas, a tidy room!)


On a bright note, my daughter has asked me to do the couch to 5 k with her in 2021, so I may get that finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment