Friday 25 December 2015

Day 25

This one is from Adam. With added suggestions from Clapton Park United Reformed as to what Christmas means to them. He says...



"I suppose that, when I decided to make a star, I didn't really have any idea of what I was going to do. So I went home, and I thought 'Wouldn't it be nice to do something to represent not just my perception of Christmas, but many peoples'?'. That was how the idea of having different people write onto I t their word that Christmas meant to them came into being, but I still wasn't sure how to do it. That idea only came later, when I remembered an Art project from Year 5 in which we'd drawn bright colours onto a piece of paper, painted over it in black and then scraped lines out to create colourful silhouettes. Not being much of an artist myself, I had no idea how to accomplish that on canvas! But my friend Sorcha, a very talented artist, helped me loads, and eventually we had it finished and took it around school and my Church to find different people's words for what Christmas meant to them. With a final polishing - or rather, hairspraying - by Rachel, it was there!'


We hope you've enjoyed another year of Advent stars. If you want to get involved next year email us on adventadventurers@gmail.com. 



No comments:

Post a Comment