Tuesday 6 December 2011

Edible stars

Stars featured in a diferent medium for us tonight. A pastry guru amongst the Crafty Ladeez chanelled the genius of Nigella for us and many, many mince pies were made. The quality, it has to be said, degenerated in direct proportion to the amount of mulled wine consumed, with each of the myriad batches being a little more overdone than the last lot. But terrifically tasty they were, even to me and I don't even like mince pies. Earlier we had set out on the original Advent Adventure, (two mad mandolin players, 8 kids, 2 slightly embarrassed looking mums) singing and holding candles aloft, down that our very own starry street. I tried to engineer the route passed as many stars as possible, but at least two were overlooked, leaving me to have to stop precariously on a zebra crossing and say, as nonchalantly as possible, "Oh, look! A gold star in the road!" This resulted in all of one raised eyebrow from my eldest child. I think we might have to make them a bit more obvious. I definitely find myself wanting to put them in places kids will see them. I think they're the only ones that'll ever notice them. The rest of us are running around too much with our heads full of too much stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment